Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Craig's New Job!!


Craig got a new job and I’m so proud of him!

The awesome thing about this job is not only is he getting a pay raise, better benefits and it only 3 miles away (we love this since his last job was a 40-45 min commute each way) but this company pursued him – called him several times and was very interested in hiring him.  He's only been there two days and Craig says it seems like it will be a lot less stressful than his other job so pretty much this is better for him in almost every way.  Of course it's still an adjustment, but we hoping it will go pretty smoothly.

Often times Craig doesn’t give himself enough credit for things so I get to brag about him a bit now.

One of the things I love and admire about Craig is that he still has goals and accomplishments that he wants to achieve.  For someone who was happy enough to finish school and get a good job this has been a real eye-opener for me.  It's also made me realize how important it is for us to work together and be a team and I've found we work really well together, really well. I feel like there isn't anything we can’t do together.  We have been able to accomplish a lot of goals that I wouldn't have even thought of before.  Not that it’s always been easy or turned out exactly like we planned. For instance: Craig recently had his rare photograph of Titanic published in a book, but they credited “Craig Andersen Collection”.  We were so proud, and yet there was that sting from “sen” not “son” – but still it’s his and represents our hard work and no one can take that away – not even Craig Andersen.

Craig is my Renaissance Man.  He’s physically the strongest, hardest-working man I know, but he's a little like Ferdinand the Bull cause he has a very tender side as well. He works on cars and isn't afraid to get really greasy and dirty, but he has a soft spot for all things elegant and refined. Similarly AC/DC is his favorite band, but he also has a weakness for organ music and anything from the 30’s.  One of the best parts is he is a much better cleaner than I am, and I appreciate that so much!  If our place is messy 90% of the time it’s my fault.  Most of all he has helped me to reach outside myself and really broaden my goals and ideals for things in our life and helped me to become more understanding and empathic in ways I wasn’t before.

I love him because of who he is, who he is becoming and who he helps me to be.  Congrats honey!  So proud of you!!

4 comments:

La Vita Bella said...

What a sweet blog post! First of all, that's great he got a better job. Secondly, I love how well you guys work together and can recognize that. It's so important for couples to be able to so do. I'm glad you've found such a great guy! :)

Sara Lyn said...

Congrats on Craig's new job! And having his picture published, even if the name is spelled wrong. :) Craig is such a cool guy!

Shayla said...

Congrats!

Mickelle said...

What a sweet entry this is! It's so tender without being sappy. Well written, Shara! Congrats to Craig on the awesome job -- what an honor to be pursued like that!

P.S. Aren't men that clean up just. the. best.?